Welcome to The Elementary Experience! I'm Mrs. W and I've started this blog to chronicle my very first year as a teacher.
In may of 2010 I received my teaching certificate from the state. In July of 2010 I had an interview for a 4th grade position at a small, inner-city, Catholic school. I was offered -- and I accepted -- the position, and school starts with students at the end of August!
Shortly after I accepted the position, the nerves set in. Slowly but surely, the realization of what a huge responsibility I now have began to dawn on me. I don't want to let these children or their families down. I don't want to let my principal or the school down. Heck, I don't want to let myself down!
Yes, I'm nervous, it's true -- but I'm also very excited! I spent Monday of this week organizing my classroom (I love the way that sounds -- "my classroom") but barely made a dent, so I'm headed back to school today to see what additional progress I can make. Text books and teachers manuals are organized, desks are cleaned and arranged, the general floor plan is there, but I still have a ton of organizing to do -- not to mention decorating and finalizing all of my procedures and rules!
I hope you'll stay tuned to see how my year progresses. My plan is to post the good, the bad, and the ugly. I'm sure I'll have a few brilliant ideas and revelations to share, but I'm also sure I'll make my fair share of rookie mistakes and I plan to keep a record of those, as well. It should be an exciting ride!
Thanks for stopping by!
Mrs. W
1 comment:
Hey! You might be interested in this blog post- and the one before it.
http://teammartinok.blogspot.com/2010/08/classroom-resources-part-2.html
She has a lot of great ideas! kinda makes me wish I taught elementary- ok well.. maybe not :) You are going to do great!
Post a Comment